Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's day!!

Happy Mother's day to all those mothers out there! I hope your day was fabulous! Mine was a bit different than I would have liked it. I was still sick in bed. That makes 7 days!! Not good for a mom. Someone needs to tell my body to get with the program! But Michael and the girls were troopers. Today is a much better day...I got out of bed for one :)

Yesterday was a great day though. Laney came up and delivered their Mother's day present with Chloe in toe....they are darn cute. It was the cutest card too....she had written "Happy Mom's Love you"....so cute! It is so fun to see each milestone met by your kids....but it affirms that they are growing sooooo fast. Daddy fixed them crepes because that is one of my favoritest things. He was perfecting them the night before when we had dessert ones with ice cream, nutella and whip cream with some strawberries.....oh how he spoils me! Then he got them ready for church when I decided I needed to see Delaney sing in Sacrament meeting. So I dragged my sick toushy out of bed and got presentable so I could see my baby girl sing the songs she had worked so hard on. It makes me so emotional to see how proud she was to sing it to me! Can you tell I adore my kiddos? But right after that, I was outtie ....That was almost too much...and then to bed I went.

It is always makes you stop and think, Why can these little ones that we bring into the world make or break our day. With simple things they say they can make you cry because you are so darn happy or laugh so hard it hurts. They can make a dark day light or vice versa. And you wonder why? Because they are our world....these kiddos are what we mother's live for. At least for me. If they are happy and excited....so am I. If they are hurt and confussed....so am I. I can only hope that I can guide them as well as my mom did! Hats off to you mom...I am sure I was not an easy teenager (although I profess to have been perfect :)) I am lucky to have had the great mom I did and hope that I can emulate her great qualities and use them in my mothering and that my kids will ALWAYS KNOW I love them! I love you kiddos....that includes you too Michael. Happy Mom's Day and thanks for making mine so special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miranda, I saw your blog on facebook. It's so fun to learn about your family! Just thought I'd say hi.

Bonnie said...

Hi Miranda! I just added you on Facebook actually. I saw your blog on Robyn's. HOw are you?