Saturday, May 2, 2009

Adjusting to three...

You would think that after the initial shock of having one child, that it would get easier to accept when the doctor hands you number two or three. But I found that it doesn't. I still wonder why anyone would send me home with this little tiny infant. And now that I have three, I wonder to myself....ARE THEY CRAZY? And I was kind of scared...what am I kidding...I was really scared. Yes, I have some "helpers" that might make things easier but on the other hand, I have some "helpers" that try to help just a little too much. And here Ava is 4 weeks old and she has become just "one of the gang"as if it weren't any other way...now making the twosome and threesome.
But all in all, I think we are adjusting well. I don't have to tell Laney and Chloe quite so many times a day to keep their face out of Ava's. I am still afraid to take a shower if Michael is not here, but we have found ways around that. Today I thought Michael was here and was watching Ava. To my distress, Laney heard her crying and got her out of her bassinet and took her downstairs to watch tv while I was in the shower. Luckily Michael had to come back in to get something and realized my baby had been snatched :) I don't know what scares me more, her getting her out of the cradle by herself or taking her down the stairs....okay the stairs scare me most. They scare ME going down them. But the girls just love their little sister and I couldn't ask for anything more. And they take care of each other so life is going great. And they each have their duties. Chloe is on binky duty and takes it very seriously. She tries to know where it is at all times and that it is clipped to Ava. And if Ava should cry, she is the first on the scene to put the binky in the mouth. Maybe it is because she understands...I mean where would she be without her thumb? And Laney is the bouncer and music suplier. Again, if Ava should cry, she will sing to her and bounce her. That is one spoiled kid :) (I think she is praying she will live to her 1st birthday)
Watching some TV Wait, who is putting who to sleep?
What a good big sister

And it isn't as hard as I expected, maybe because Ava is really a good baby or maybe because I had myself prepped for something REALLY bad...I don't know but the adjustment has been relatively smooth (knock on wood). The hardest part is loosing my arms...but that will pass. I am just glad that I have the opportunity to hold my little one. They grow up so fast and my friend helped me put life into prospective from one of her blogs. There will only be a short amount of time that I am allowed to kiss them when I want, hold them all day long and hear about their crazy adventures. So I treasure the time and hope I can capture most of it in writing or film to come back to.
Crazy girls:)

3 comments:

Zanny said...

I think it's wonderful how you've given Chloe and Laney "jobs". It makes them feel important and needed. It helps them with the adjustment, too. You're such a good mommy! I love the pictures of Laney and Ava cuddling on the couch. I'm so glad you got pictures of that!

Dacia said...

How precious your pictures are! You must be in heaven with all that pink and lots of bows!

I totally understand your adjustment to three. I don't think we'll ever get regular showers until all the kids are in school. I still can't leave Lexi and Kalin to take a shower. Who knows who will be screaming when I get out. :)

Four Winns said...

Mida! I'm so dumb and forgot to put your blog on my reader. Your new baby is adorable! I didn't know that babies could be born with blond hair . . . it's very becoming. I'm so jealous that you get to have THREE girls. So awesome. I'm getting excited for the adjustment to three. I'll have to email and ask for advice. My due date is June 25! Hope everything is going well.