Monday, August 30, 2010

Boston...Here we come!

We are here! I can't believe it. It seems like I have been saying I am going to Boston for so long. I guess I didn't really think it would happen. But we made it. And it is AMAZING! Everything I thought it would be. I am taken aback at the different life style it is here. The idea of having a yard is foreign to them. And the buildings seem like one building but have different facades. Everyone walks! It's crazy coming from someone like me who just hops in the car and drives to where I need to be. But parking is horrendous and expensive and things are relatively close. But I have not yet seen a typically house. You know with the pitch roof, front door, driveway. Yeah...they aren't like that around here. And you should see their firehouse...well you will in a minute. Everything has SO much history it is so incredible.

We flew in on Sunday and decided to take a walk and see what was around us. Also, we were starving since I hadn't had anything to eat since 7:30am and it was 6:30pm. I didn't really care where we ate. But the first thing we see is the firehouse. Look at this place. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is beautiful. And all the buildings are like this. They are just so pretty and cozy. We found somewhere we could eat out on the street. It reminds me of Paris, how you can just eat on the street and see the going ons with people playing music on the streets setting the ambience just perfectly. Then we took a walk around to Copley square and they have a GUCCI shop! Yeah..I was too intimidately to walk in it. That is for tomorrow. I am going to get all dolled up and then go in. I won't buy anything of course, but it never hurts to look around :) That's another thing. All the shops are seperated. No MALLS! How I take that for granted. If I want to go to Macy's and Children's place have to go to the Theatre district. If I want american eagle I have to go to the Quincy market place...totally different area. I would be supremely skinny or an internet shopper if I had to live here. But they have beautiful parks here and tons of water features at the parks, eithher pools, fountains, etc. The kids would love it. In fact, today we saw a guy walking around the fountains in just his silk underwear. Said he was working on his tan...I just think he was missing a few marbles...but whatever makes him happy. I just count myself lucky he had his boxers on.
Today we were on a mission. To get tickets for WICKED and to conquer the Freedom Trail. Luckily for us, there were a few tickets left, so we were in for Wednesday, opening night. Next on the list, the freedom trail. Now the map says it is 2.5 miles long, but I think it is full of it! My aunt warned me that we probably wouldn't want to go on the complete trail but we were bound and determined to finish it. Michael and I began at 1:00pm thinking we had plenty of time. After 6 hours, we were exhausted and finally completed the trail. The USS Constitution museum shut the door on our way out which left us Bunker hill. Luckily it didn't really have a museum to close so we didn't miss much. We lost the rest of the sightseers halfway through trail, but we stayed steady and kept plugging along thinking we could just hop on the T (the subway) when we got tired. Little did we know that the T didn't run up to Charlestown. Aye de mi!!! But it turned out okay because we got to walk around there and decided this is where we would like to live if we moved to Boston. It was gorgeous. Well, enough talk talk, now I will show you the pics!


Me preppin myself for my Gucci debut



This is their library! Isn't it amazing! I think it will take me a day to explore.


Boston Common / Public park



Trinity Church (we plan on attending mass here on Thursday)
Statue of Paul RevereThis statue reminded us of Ava



The constitution

Massachusetts State House



Stain glass dome in state house First American Flag Good ole' Mitt

Paul Revere's headstone











Paul Revere's home



Probably as close to Italy as I am going to get
for a while. Little Italy. It was such a fun place and the nicest people there. They also know how to party!






One of my favorite facades. These are what the homes look like. How fun is that?!

This is actually a very old graveyard.





This was so cool. It is called Paul Revere's Mall. Which is decieving because it is not a mall at all. It is just a cool place they just sit and relax and play chess. Very peaceful.






And look at this! Twilight has hit Boston! Well...kind of. It is a clothing store but I thought it was kind of fun.








Pics of downtown
USS Contitution
Bunker Hill!!
We finally FINISHED! Can you see our exhausted state? It took us a while to get up. But it was worth it. Not bad for a day's work ey?
This is their High School! It looked so regal. And the red brick building is the afore mentioned fire house. Well, that is it for today. And this took far too long, so I don't think I will be posting for a bit. After all, I need to enjoy my vacation:)

2 comments:

Katrina Rasband said...

vacation! vacation in boston! vacation in boston with out kids! wowie you guys are so lucky! love all the pics! enjoy!

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .