Sunday, April 27, 2008

Can I plant now?

It is now approaching the end of April and I am so anxious to be PLANTING! I want color, smells, and life just blooming in my yard. Michael worked so hard last year to get us grass and it looks so great, but wouldn't it look even better with beautiful flowers all around? And lucky for me, Michael has been working like a madman to get the soil ready for the flower gardens and the veggie garden. I felt bad, a couple of weeks ago, Michael asked me where and what I was going to plant. And to completely get the jist of this story, you have to understand our beautiful relationship. You see, I am the dreamer. I see these elaborate things and want to do them. So either I begin by buying all the stuff or just starting the project. Then, my dream becomes reality and I realize that it is going to take ALOT of work, and that is where Michael steps in. He is the finisher! It really works out nicely. So back to the story...I begin to tell him the things I have seen in my mind and he just rolls his eyes. You ask why? Because he knows, that he will be the finisher....poor guy. What has he gotten himself into? Well anyways, he feels he should use this as a teaching moment for me and tells me he is not going to do anything else until I get a definite plan. WHAT!!? Me? That is supposed to be his job.

Well, that doesn't stop this dreamer! I sat down one afternoon after the girls were asleep and I did plan. I did a map of our garden and placed everything where it should be according to the directions. I was rather proud of myself and decided to extend my organization to the front of the house. Oh...grandma and grandpa you will have to come and see the finished product. I am so excited!! I am going to have a beautiful butterfly garden with aromatic smells wafting through the air. I don't know of anyone that isn't going to want to plant themselves right on my porch. I guess I should probably factor that in and put a sitting area around there. Well, that will be another project for another day. Here are a few pics to wet your whistle. But to get the full effect, you all will have to wait with the rest of us.

Imagine these growing up a vine on the side of
the house & around the door....oh beautiful!!






It's going to be wonderful...if only I could get the weather to cooperate!
Now...one last thing. Does anyone have an "in" with the weather. If so, I would like to request some spring weather so that I might begin my little heavenly abode. For right now, the dreamer must continue dreaming ... since how Mr. Frost continues to visit my garden areas. I love when they say till after the frost....with this unpredictable weather how am I supposed to know?

I am shooting for the middle of May, cross your fingers.

1 comment:

Tom and Nan said...

I love your dream of color and aroma filling your yard. I'll be wishing warm weather your way. I too have a tendency to start a job and get myself just far enough into it that I need rescuing. Good thing I have a patient rescuer too.