Friday, April 11, 2008

March was definitely a Lion in this house!

I have come to the conclusion that March doesn't really like our family...well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. This is my excuse for not blogging for so long. It has taken me a bit to catch up to what has happened. And now that March is over, I think it is safe to rehash its events.



Just to give you soem history, a year and a month ago, while doing some landscaping, I happen to smash my finger in between a really big, sharp rock and a skid loader. Not a pleasant experience but I still have a finger and it still works....so count our blessings there.


This March definitely came in with a roar! While going skiing with my sisters on a beautiful day, (although it had just finished snowing) enjoying a nice drive there, we encountered a road that hadn't been plowed yet. As I was carefully driving my way through the tracks already made, Eddie (our explorer) caught the edge of the slush and threw us in a tail spin acoss the road. As trying to recover, we tailspinned again on the slush over there and this throwing us to the other side of the road where we hit solid ground thus flipping us over the side of the road. Bri and I didn't feel too much since we were strapped in, but Whitney was not and was thrown halfway out the back window. Very scary. We are all fine and alive, except for Eddie unfortunately. We wanted to have her for much longer, but unfortunately she was unreparable. Sorry babe! We loved you.






Hoping that was all that March was going to throw at us, we began to recoup. We went car hunting on Monday and left the kids and Grandma's. When we picked the girls up, Chloe just began throwing up. She couldn't keep much of anything down. It progressed that way for the week until on Friday she became REALLY lethargic. So I packed her and her sister up and headed to the doctors. There, we found out that she was extremely dehydrated and needed to get some fluids in her with IV's. So Laney and I stayed to comfort Chloe while she slept and got some fluids while dad hurried home from work. Chloe really was a trooper, but it began to wear on her as with her sister. After 4 hours, they wanted to see if she could keep anything down so they let eat something and it came right back up with the fluid that we worked so hard to give her. So sad. So we began again...but this time there was no hope of going home. Chloe and I were going to spend the night. Poor little girl, with her carting around her IV pole whereever she went. She was so miserable not to be able to move. Then when they hooked her up to the heart monitor...GEESH. It got in the way of the belly button, and if you know Chloe and her relationship with her belly button you know how angry she gets. And I must say that Laney did and exceptional job also. She was a big help while we tended to Chloe. The hospital was so cute, they put together little kits for the siblings to play with to keep them busy. We made it through the night and were released the next morning. Unfortuanately Chloe and I missed all the easter egg hunt fun. And needless to say, our Easter weekend was a little different this year since Chloe was still having a tough time getting the fluids she needed. But another night and she was back to herself...drinking bottle of water after bottle! GEESH..you'd thinks she was stuck in a desert for a week :) But again, we have to count our blessings. The staff that looked after her was great and we are appreciative that we have our healthy little robust Chloe back!

Chloe before the IV.
Her little IV bandaged hand.


Her chillin' it, watching some movies.

This is her and Laney getting released. They got a ride out to the car in this cool wagon! She is looking much better by now. Although all is well with Chloe now....that was a really scary experience for me. I am sooooo glad I have two healthy children!

After that, we were all excited to have Grandma RO and Grandpa D come and visit that weekend. But that Tuesday, Delaney started a weird breathing thing, like she wasn't getting enough air. So the night that they drove in, we again headed for the doctor's office. We had a number of tests drawn and they couldn't really find anything unless we did more testing like an EKG, etc. So we decided to watch her and see if she continued doing it during the night. After watching her that night, we decided that it was possibly a nervous tick and that it would resolve itself within a month or so. If not.....let's just hope it does.

So that is our little story. I have barely gotten to the point where I can look at the pictures again and talk about it. I have decided that March and our family don't really get along. I hope that this doens't become a yearly thing. Hopefully next year we will fly under the radars! Another good thing is that Michael did find a car that he liked and is having a lot of fun with his truck! He is already planning ways to accessorize!! Gotta love the man. I will post some pics of the truck when I get them.

1 comment:

KCordell said...

Miranda,
I get so excited when you blog because I feel like we miss out on so much of what's going on in your house. that accident looks like it was so scary but it is good that everyone is fine. Glad Chloe's better and hopefully it stays that way. We can't wait to see you guys. keep us updated