Saturday, April 26, 2008

Does everyone have their new Fablehaven?...

I don't know if anyone has read the "Fablehaven" books, but if you haven't, you need to! They are excellent for kids and adults alike. So Brandon Mull (the author) has just come out with the third book and he had a party last night to launch it. The girls and I decided to go. I was extremely excited and Laney can't ever pass up a party! :) Plus her cousin would be attending with her! What fun. Michael couldn't join us because he had a softball game, you can imagine how sad he was :(

So about 5 o'clock-ish....we headed out for our jaunt to SLC. Normally it wouldn't phase me, I've driven that drive a gazillion times, but for some reason, lately I have been a bit sheepish about driving...I don't know why...call me crazy. But this time was a bit more scary since they decided to cover half of the freeway with orange cones, cement baracades and cut what should be 3 lanes down to 2 VERY small lanes.....COME ON!!! Get it done already....okay, enough of my ranting.

So after my fine navigation skills got us there with no delay, (may I say before my sister who had GPS, just a little pat on the back for me) we hurried to get seats to see the big show. And for those of you who attended BYU, you might know of the Garrens comedy group. Well Brandon Mull used to be apart of them while he attended that so he asked all his friends to come and perform for his part-tee and let me tell you, they are still hilarious. They even had Laney rolling! ( I don't know if she knew why...but she was laughing and that is all that counts) Laney read the story with me and liked it at the time, but I don't know if she remembered it much. Guess I will have to read it again:) So after all the fun and prizes and so forth, we all had to wait around the for the book signing. Unfortunately we got there late so I was in group G...not a good thing.

But while we waited we got to see Muriel the Witch. We tried to get the kids to pose with her but they were a bit intimidated and we had to wait in line...that seemed to be the theme for this night. So we improvised.....
Muriel Laney preparing to meet her
Us talking them into going to sit by her..unsuccessful

Then, they had a poster of a cataur (I think that is how you spell it and I am too lazy to go and check right now) where you can put your head through it....
Chloe Laney's is wigging out...sorry. I'll fix it later.


The girls thought that was fun...but again you had to wait in a long line, so I improvised again. I love photoshop!

I think I have come to a point where I don't like to go where a lot of people are. They are pushy and I am not patient enough to WAIT and WAIT. Which is why we ended up not staying for his signature. I mean really, all it is going to do is mess up my nice new book right? Unless he gets famous which I think he is on the way, but then again all those other people have his signature. Oh well...so long story short. After an hours wait, they were only on group C....and I was group G. It would be 10:00 before we got to my group. The girls were hungry, antsy and running around everywhere and I was ready to go....so off we went.

The weather may be fickle here...but it sure is b-e-a-utiful!
Chloe running amuck...bad lighting sorry again.

The Party was fun while it lasted and was a good experience...so we will mark as an excellent activity on a Friday night. Too bad the other I don't know 500 people didn't decide not to come...then it would have been even more fun :) Guess you can't always have it your way. But I did get to see a most beautiful sunset by the mountains. I tried to get a good shot, but it just doesn't do it justice...sorry. So here is my little plug....get the book and read it! They are fun.

No comments: