Monday, September 15, 2008

Disneyland ..we came...we conquered!

Sorry, the next few blogs are kind of a recap because I was so "lazy" this summer and didn't get to it. But in my defense, I still wrote about it in word with the intent of blogging later.

June was a very fun and exciting month for us....let me tell you. A month could not be more fun packed! It all began with a trip to California. Who wouldn't want to spend a few days with the breaking waves in the background, just relaxing and reading a book? And even better, to spend a few days with disney princesses? We had a great time relaxing on the beach for the first day. The girls just played in the sand and ran from the waves. I myself went for a quick boggy boarding escapade....and escapade it was. Too bad I don't have pictures to document. Bri, Whit, Madyson and I went out to catch some monster waves. But we were finding that where the life guards wanted us to stay wasn't the greatest places to catch the waves. So we meandered out to where the surfers were. If they could be out there....why couldn't we? Which may I say...the waves were much better out there (probably why the surfers were out there.) But before long, we see a yellow lifeguard boat coming towards us, telling us to get in. Bri of course just turns around, if she can't see them, they can't see her right. And what do I do when confronted, explain. We were just out there because the waves were better. That didn't fly...they wanted us to go in. So we caught the next wave in and had a blast. So much so...we went out again. We didn't intend to go as far...but when the waves a come a callin' you have to answer. So again, the yellow boat comes and says, "What did we tell you girls? Get in now." And just to accentuate that, they had a lifeguard swim out from the beach. How insulting...I had caught every wave in...did they think I was incompetent...so I said...the waves are better here and we can catch them in. Did that work....NO. They made us go in....what kill joys! So I thought that was enough humiliation for Michael for one day. It's not easy for him having me for a wife...but I love him for it.

I don't really want to bore with details...but the trip was so fun. We spent two days in Disneyland and California adventure....very needed. The girls had a blast and we really enjoyed ourselves. We saw a lot of characters and even ate with the princesses! The girls loved it and according to Chloe....Rella is EVERYWHERE! She loves that lady:)







The kids past some of the time watching videos. Apparently Chloe felt she had phone calls to make, people to talk to...no wasting time. And Laney just loves cuddling up to Kaleb:)







We also taught the girls to play, I don't know what it is called, but you catch the ball with the stick with a net. They had a lot of fun trying to get that down.












See what I mean about relaxing on the beach...oh if I could have the beach in my backyard!










The girls enjoying the beach. They played well together which always makes a mom happy!

Sundays were a little difficult for us. The kids didn't quite understand why they had this big ocean to play with and they couldn't step foot in it. So they just got as close as they could without us telling them otherwise.




And here are our princesses! We had lunch with them so they all came around and visited the girls which made them so happy! And then of course you would sometimes get lucky enough to see them around the park.







And of course the princess fair where they teach the girls how to be princesses!







Some pics of our rides and the fun the girls had at Disneyland.






The girls playing around while waiting for a prade. A pic of the family in Pooh-vill. A panoramic of California Adventure...the big white building is Ariel's grotto (where we went for lunch).








We thought the boys might appreciate this guy. But someone forgot to tell us that this parade sprays you with squirt guns. Luckily we came prepared.



We had a blast at the theme parks, but I must say, by the end of the second day, we were definitely all tuckered out.



Here is a farewell pic by the beach.

2 comments:

brit said...

hey miranda! i found your blog through someone else! your girls are sooooo cute. i can't believe how big they are. you are an adorable family. it was fun to see how you are doing. we missed you at the abq reunion in utah. it was a blast to see everyone. maybe the next one we will get to see you. take care, Britney Nygren

Four Winns said...

Holy cow, I didn't know you had a blog! I only found out cuz my blog said someone was "following" mine. Weird. Anyhoo, I'll be adding you to my google reader list tonight!