Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday at the temple

I have to admit that today started out a little rough. The outlook of having Stake conference at 3pm -5pm wasn't my idea of a fabulous afternoon. But, when you get lemons...make lemonade! We couldn't get the girls down for their naps in enough time for them to get a full nap and us to actually make it to the tabernacle on time, so instead we got everyone all beautiful and went to the temple grounds to take pictures. I know...the girls favorite thing to do..but today they were good sports because water was involved.

I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon than to walk around the temple grounds and just take snaps of the girls enjoying the beautiful landscape. I wish my yard looked as beautiful as the temple does but what can I say...I am just not paid enough :)

But the girls did enjoy it and I enjoyed taking photos of them, so all in all, it was a great afternoon. The conference was a little rocky simply because something was wrong with the microphone so everything was kind of blurred. Needless to say, we didn't get much out of it, but the singing was excellent and we were able to be in the presence of all the other saints on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. And to look at the positive side again, while we waited for the late afternoon to arrive, all the girls got mini-pedicures from emoi (sp?) and all our nails painted so we all looked all done up! Michael declined for unkown reasons but we still love him :) Here are some pics.






You can tell who is becoming a pro at posing. Lanes knows if she smiles cute and does what I ask quick then she can do whatever she wants sooner. Smart girl. And sometimes she doesn't even know when I am shooting. (sometimes those are my favorite) We are still training Chloe. I have to catch her off guard to get her to smile. Notice how she is very rarely smiling AT the camera.






And even if she doesn't smile at the camera...that is a pretty darn cute smile she has got there. Very infectious!

And sometimes when I am really lucky, I get everyone together...or at least the two to sit still long enough for some quick takes!

And this photo I just couldn't pass up. Look at that face!

2 comments:

crazygirl said...

wow chickie.
you are just a bloggin machine this weekend.
keep it up!
we've missed you in bloggy land!
give those girls lots of loves from us albuquerquens!!!! -J

Dacia said...

What cute girls you have. Don't you just love kid photo shoots!