Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Things...

This week I have to say was a crazy one. Have you ever overbooked yourself without knowing it and thought to yourself...."Why do I do this?" I do have a calendar and a planner, but do you think I look at them when I commit? Or I think I am superwoman that can do everything. Well, that was the case with this particular week. Not that you really want to hear about my week but there are a few things that I am proud of...one being my new experiment. We threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law on Wednesday. My sisters and I were happy to do it, but we all are alike....we think we are superwomen. So I thought I could bake everything for the party, my other sister thought she could go to the shower, her son and daughter's play and bring the main course, and my other sister thought she could go shopping for the gift last minute and have a perfectly decorated and cleaned house! Yeah...that pretty much sums us up. But you see, we can't just get my sister-in-law just ANY present. I have a reputation to uphold here! You see, I usually try to make something for each of my family members at least one time of the year, whether it be for their Birthday, christmas....you get the idea. But I have yet to make something for Yulisa. So this was my chance. I have had it in my mind that I want to make a diaper cake. I mean...how hard can it be? So after some serious talking into...I coersed my sister to go along. My oldest sister steered clear and did her own thing. So I went out and got the diapers, but my sister wanted to do the other shopping. (She has a nack for shopping...its just her thing) So Laney, Chloe and I started rolling diapers. 94 to be exact. And when Daddy came home, he started rolling diapers. It was a family affair. And at 9:30 at night the night before the shower, my sister came with the other stuff. I threw the cake together and have to say....I am dang proud of myself. I know...that is bad to say. But come on...it is CUTE! And it has all the baby neccessities. And while waiting for the baby, it will look awfully cute in the nursery. I even made her some headbands and some jewelry. She will look adorable :)


So here is a picture of that.



The next thing that I am awfully proud of is me hubby! Saturday was another day I definitely overbooked. We had Stake Relief Society Temple day on the same day as our Ward Halloween party. Which wouldn't be so bad, except that we, the RS presidency, had to set up a miniature golf hole that we committed to doing and we also had to fix a soup. So I got up at 6:30 in the morning, an unusal thing for me and got ready. I have to say though, I felt something brewing that morning and knew I was in for something the next day. (It sooned turned into a bad sinus infection...ugh!) Any how...I was able to go to breakfast with the ladies and then spend a delightful morning in the temple, which was long overdue I must say. When I came home, the girls had been bathed, fed, dressed, hair done, teeth brushed and were out playing with the neighborhood kids. Michael was out diligently working in the yard cleaning it up and preparing the little island for the tulips and daffadils I was going to plant. So even though I wasn't feeling so hot...I went out and planted those because of his thoughtfulness in weeding it and getting it ready. But I then had to leave again to get the hole ready. While I was gone, Michael fixed his Green Chili Chicken soup that we love so much in mass for the ward and when I got back, we got the kids ready and headed off to the party. It was great to know that I could rely on him to take the kids when I needed to get some stuff done and it was really great to have a morning off and go to the temple. He even took the girls out to breakfast...which of course they had a blast.

This is the picture that greeted me when I was done at the temple. If that doesn't make your day, well....



Chloe was our little Tinkerbell. That's what she wanted to be and she looks almost just like her. It was perfect for her. it was also hard to keep that pixie still for a bit to take a picture...Jeesh!




Laney chose to be Aurora this year which also fits her. I love having these little princesses. It is fun to see them spin and have so much fun. Plus when they see another princess they get all excited thinking they are the real one. No matter that they are only say...3 or 4 feet tall! They are wearing the dress, they must be them!







Little goofballs!

No comments: