Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nostalgic...

Michael often teases me that I am extremely Nostalgic about some things. Mostly things having to do with my family, which I do agree. I mean, obviously there are some memories I would NOT like to revisit, but some I cherish. I don't know if you are like me, but just a smell or sound might send me back. There are two places in my life that for some reason, (I think I know that reason) I am extremely nostalgic about. Just the smell after it rains will send me to Park City among the pines. Everything smells so fresh and clean. Certain textures of snow will send me back to the slopes where we used to all ski together. My mom absolutely loves Park City and I think she passed that love to us kids. Michael knows that if a chance ever arrived that we could get a time share there, I would jump in a minute. I would love to build the memories I had up there with my kids and leave them with a little piece of my "heaven".

Another place that I love is Bear Lake. I remember waking up in the morning to the sound of jet skis on the lake. Still to this day, if I wake up to that sound, I magically go back there when I was a little kid. I remember playing the game of who can see the lake first, when we came over the mountain top, I still get teary eyed every time I see it. When my mom asks why we love it so much, I can't really tell her. I don't remember specific memories, I just remember being happy. I knew Dad loved it there and almost became a kid himself every time we went. I remember it being fun and our family was together every time. We built good memories there. But I mostly remember it in the summer because that is the only time we went up. But now my mom and dad have a place that can handle the winters there and we are able to go up at every season. I still love it up there, our activities just change. This time, we went up in the fall and saw all the different colors. We were able to go on a 4-wheeler ride that was awesome! Chloe just loved it. I try to tell Michael we need some 4-wheelers cause Chloe will do anything to get on one :) But we did have a fun time. I even got one of the 4-wheelers stuck in this thick clay. Luckily my brother came to join us because he had the wench! So I will let the pictures do the talking...but I would like to be able to pass on some pieces of my "happy" places on to my kids and let them know how much I loved it and why. And hopefully they will have their own memories, happy ones that will take them back with a simple smell or sound.
The kids loves a good ride! And is even patient with the helmet rule.


Look closely, you might see Chloe slipping during the wheeley...crazy dad!






The 4-wheelers were looking pretty bad after my little "incident". What a good brother ey? Michael wouldn't even come close to me for fear he would get stuck :) To his defense he did have my daughter on the back. It was pretty yucky. They needed a bath bad....we were in luck! There was a great big one right by us!


Josh and Yulisa when they joined our adventure.
And just some scenic views of the Lake in the fall. You can see why I love it there. It is beautiful.

No comments: